Halloween Party Information
Mrs. Bush's sign up genius found HERE.
Mrs. Compau's sign up genius found HERE.
Halloween Parade/Costume/Sign-Out SOP
- Student costumes must fit OVER clothing and must be put on AT school at the teacher designated time. There is not enough time or space to send kids to the bathroom, so please try to abide by this requirement! Students should be able to put on their own costume without assistance.
- Student costumes may not include any accessories that resemble weapons. Please leave these accessories at home.
- Please contact your child’s classroom teacher if you are planning to volunteer for a classroom party. Teachers will have the times and other details for parties. You must have an approved Volunteer Form in order to participate.
- Treats for class parties must come from the classroom teacher’s approved treat list.
- At 2:30 we will begin the costume parade. Parents who wish to watch the parade will wait outside the school in the circle drive. Students will exit the building through the K-1 wing doors, proceed across the front of the school, in the A wing (2-3) doors, where they will head back to their classrooms. Parents may line up in the circle drive to watch the parade. Bush/Compau are the FIRST two classes, so be here on time or you might miss us!
- On this day, if you are taking your child home directly after the parade, you must sign him/her out with the classroom teacher instead of at the office.
What's going on...
Science - If you haven't returned the form that has your child's test score on it, please do so ASAP. I will use those forms to record our next score as well. This week we had a few really fun experiments to help us determine what is needed for yeast to break out of its dormancy.
Language Arts - This week we wrote a personal narrative for grading. This one had to be using everything they learned throughout all of the lessons and apply to a new piece of writing. I look forward to reading them! We also practiced our first word sort and went over some of the expectations for when we begin our own word lists.
Social Studies - This week we have been learning about the differences of the regions of American Indians in our country. Our trip to Blandford Nature Center is on Monday. We will be leaving school at 10:15 and return by 12:15 for lunch. Make sure your child dresses for the weather! Blandford does have ponchos for students if it rains. Let me know if you have any questions.
10/31 - Halloween SEE NOTES ABOVE
11/6 - Family Reading Night (click here for more information)
11/10 - Yoga (more to come on this soon)
11/15 - End of 1st Trimester