What's going on...
Science: Our first investigation is complete, and students are finishing up tests today. A note with their score on it will be going home next week in their Friday Folders. Please sign it and return it after you've read it over.
Reading: Unit 3 in reading will focus on Character Studies. All students have their "new" reading levels and picked books for their "read-to-self" time that match their independent levels.
Language Arts: We are trying to finish typing our books. We will print them at school, however, if your child would like to print at home so they have color they are welcome to do so. Students should be working on the Time Capsule so it is finished in the next week or so. I included the example time capsule again below. Please keep it at home so it is safe!
Students were given new spelling words this week and had homework on Tuesday and Thursday. They will have homework again next week on those same days. The test will be on Friday. Reminder: Students can practice their words any time and can also go on Spelling City online. They have a name and password and can take tests and play games using their words.
Social Studies: This week we started learning about the first permanent English settlement.......Jamestown!
In other news...
- Tutoring Dates: JANUARY: 30 & 31; FEBRUARY 2 & 6.
- The 10th Annual Robert Kozminski Memorial Basketball Games are 2/4!
- Healthy Heart Day (Feb 14)
- Chuck E. Cheese Fundraiser - Feb 10 - 3:00-8:00pm
- Carnival Needs (click here)
- January is School Board Appreciation Month.
- Click HERE or HERE for a calendar of events.
- Box Top Collection date is February 13 for the March count.
- It’s time to enroll for Kindergarten & K-Knights (Young 5’s)!
- Superbowl Change Wars! Will benefit the student activities!
- Please “like us” on Facebook!
- Chess Tournament Opportunity
You can find more details about everything listed above by clicking here.
1/31 - School Store
2/3 - Popcorn Day ($0.25 per bag)
2/7 - PTO meeting (6:00 and Hometown Grill)
2/8 - Count Day (please have your child here on time)
2/10 - $1 Hat Day
2/10 - Chuck E. Cheese Fundraiser
2/14 - Valentine's Day Multi-age day
2/14 - School Store
2/14 - Jump Rope for Heart donations due
2/27-Famous American Wax Museum-Central Elementary-6:30-7:30 (arrive about 6:00)